Oceanwide Asset Management Limited (OAM) is committed to maintaining your personal data-that is, information relating to a living individual from whom it is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained- in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“Ordinance”) and will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept secure against unauthorized access, loss, disclosure and destruction. Please be aware that this Statement replaces any notice or statement of similar nature issued by OAM previously, pursuant to the Ordinance.
Obligation to Disclose Personal Data
Unless otherwise stated, you must supply personal data requested by us in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts with us by you or by companies related to you, the provision of services or products by us, or the use of certain features of the OAM website, such as the submission of applications for employment. Failure to supply such data may result in OAM being unable to open or maintain such account(s) or provide services or products to you or companies related to you or to process an employment application as we may not have sufficient information.
The purposes and retention of the information:
- From time to time, it is necessary for clients and various other individuals (“data subjects”) to supply OAM with data in connection with various maters such as account opening or continuations, or provision of services to clients and other individuals or compliance with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
- Such data may include, but not limited to, data collected from data subjects in the ordinary course of the continuation of the relationship of OAM with them. For example, when clients register for an information account, attend seminar/events or generally communicate verbally or in writing with OAM.
- The purposes for which data relating to a data subject may be used will vary depending on the nature of data subject's relationship with OAM. They may comprise any or all of the following purposes:
- The processing of application for an account with OAM;
- Marketing financial services or related products
- Meeting the disclosure and compliance requirements under any laws or regulatory requirements applicable to OAM
- All personal data, whether provided by you or another person, and whether provided before or after the date you receive this statement, may be provided to, exchanged with or transferred to, in the following circumstances as we may consider necessary whether the recipients are inside of or external to Hong Kong.
- Third party disclosures may include sharing such information with non-affiliated companies who perform support services on our behalf including those that provide professional, legal or accounting advice to OAM.
- We may also disclose your personal information to fulfil your instruction or pursuant to your express consent.
- Under limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations.
Use of Data in Direct Marketing:
- OAM intends to use the data subject's data in direct marketing and OAM requires the data subject's consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. The specific requirement regarding data subject's consent (which includes an indication of no objection) under Part VIA of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance 2012 shall take effect from 1st April 2013.
- Pursuant to the Ordinance, direct marketing activities conducted by OAM may include but not limited to the following:
- offering, or advertising of the availability, of goods, facilities or services; or
- sending information or goods, addressed to specific persons by name, by mail, fax, electronic mail or other means of communication; or
- making telephone calls to specific person.
- In this connection, please note that: the name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behavior, financial background and demographic data of the data subject held by OAM from time to time may be used by OAM in direct marketing.
- In addition to marketing services, products OAM is allowed to provide, OAM also intends to provide the data collected from data subjects to third parties (as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations) for use by them in marketing those services, products and subjects, and OAM requires the data subject's written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose.
- If data subject does not wish OAM to use or provide to other persons his data for use in direct marketing as described above, the data subject may exercise his opt-out right by notifying OAM.
Third Party Websites
Under the Ordinance, any individual has the right:
- To check whether OAM holds data about him or her, and of access to such data;
- To require OAM to correct any data relating to him or her which is accurate
- To object to the use of his/her personal data for marketing purposes and OAM shall not use his/her personal data for marketing purposes after he/she communicates his/her objection to OAM.
We generally record certain usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Website. This information may include the websites that you access immediately before and after your visit to our Website, the Internet browser you are using and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. If we use such data at all it will be on an aggregate basis, and we will not disclose to third parties any information that could be used to identify you personally.
We may use internal or external service providers to operate our Website and employ other persons to perform work on our behalf, such as sending postal mail and e-mail. These persons may have access to the personally identifiable information you submit through the Website, but only for performing their duties. These personnel are not permitted to use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
No data transmission over the internet can be 100% secure, so OAM cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you submit to us on this Website. However, OAM seeks to protect your personal information when you transact business on our Website by requiring the use of a browser software program that supports industry standard SSL encryption.
According to the Ordinance, the holder of the personal data may request for access to data or correction of data. Such a request should be addressed as follows:
The Compliance Officer
Oceanwide Asset Management Limited
18/F, China Building,
29 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong
In accordance with the Ordinance, OAM has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
© Copyright 2018 Oceanwide Asset Management Limited. All rights reserved.